Saturday, June 24, 2017

A feel-good picture …


I love this picture of the “Big Bang Theory” crew and the amazing Stephen Hawking. It's like a breath of fresh air as compared to so much of the dark side that is portrayed on TV these days.

It has a lot to do with why I don't watch much TV but about 6 years ago my granddaughter, who has Asperger's syndrome, told me this was a “must see”. The program directors deny that the leading guy Sheldon has Asperger's but, as a cooky quantum physics genius. he displays many of the same symptoms and that was enough to draw her attention.

It's obvious that the famed physicist Stephen Hawking, (who has actually appeared on the show), is a fan of the popular TV show too. He proved it even more than usual this week at the Starmus festival in Trondheim Norway when he awarded the prestigious Hawking Science Medal that "recognizes the merit of popular science on an international level," to the long running CBS TV show.

Congratulations to all of you on the “Big Bang Theory” !






7 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

That show is the only sit-com I watch. Love it!

5:32 PM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Kudos. They are on my must see list also.

3:30 PM  
Blogger possum said...

I watch only 2 shows that are not on PBS... Big Bang and NCIS. NCIS is not as bloody and gory as the other "mystery" or murder shows, so I can ignore that side of what is going on... and indulge in my crush on Mark Harmon.

But Big Bang is by far my favorite of everything else on TV. True, I don't understand some of it, but living here in NASA country, I can identify with several of those folks.
An absolutely excellent show - and yes, I can see why your granddaughter loves it. I have an autistic grandson who is a lot like Sheldon in many ways... and I just know I went to university with the rest of them!

Great post, Ginnie!

5:37 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I agree with your comment about not watching TV, which is why we haven't subscribed to any cable/satellite services in more years than I can recall. That said, we have a digital antenna and can get broadcast channels including CBS and PBS, thankfully to occasionally watch BBT when we remember to turn on the TV! Now, if we could just eliminate those pesky commercials!

6:58 AM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

Charlie Rose. That's it on TV for me....

7:18 PM  
Blogger joared said...

The only series I've been watching is "Madame Secretary", but follow Charlie Rose and some other PBS. Had heard "Big Bang" was good but just never got around to watching it. Years ago when working in TV I kept up with all the then three major networks programming, but have lost interest for years now. Have antenna TV by choice but able to receive lots of stations in this L.A. So Cal market.

11:40 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

I have tried to watch that show 1-2 times, but all I can say is it seems really silly to me.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home