Saturday, February 21, 2015

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR…


I’m almost embarrassed to post this picture of icicles dripping off my front porch roof in lieu of what the rest of the country is experiencing. However, it is a much appreciated change for my daughter and her husband who have finally arrived (complete with 2 dogs and 3 chickens) from the icy and snow packed North.

They arrived about a week after our temps were in the 50’s. Now we are enjoying (?) a spell of record breaking cold so, except for the snow, they are not very far ahead as far as weather goes. However, we have had plenty of indoor time together and “Upwords” (the Scrabble based game) has kept us entertained.

 It is usually just the three of us playing but last night little Bela decided to be the kibitzer.
 
 
She’s a little out of focus in this picture but is actually a very sharp little gal. She’s blind in one eye but that never seems to bother her. You can tell she’s perplexed and pondering over the two words AW and TI. I wonder if she’ll challenge?

(For all of you doubters they are legitimate words … albeit seldom used anywhere but in word games !)

10 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

I love scrabble, but I've never played that game. Too bad.

Ginnie, we will get a bit of a break from the icy temps today. I am looking forward to it.

8:28 AM  
Blogger possum said...

Made it up into the 40s today! What a break! Was 5 yesterday morning when we set out. YIKES!
Just watered the greenhouse... Geraniums are happy and blooming away! Nobody else looks thrilled as the temp dropped to 27 in there yesterday.
Your game looks like fun. I no longer have anyone who will play any board games with me. Or bored games, either! I will say Rusty is very creative with his spelling, but then, most cats are.
Stay warm. I am so happy your family and grandchicks are there!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Well at least you have diversion from the nasty weather.
She does look like she seriously doubts that is a real word.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I hope you had fun. Palin, ordinary Scrabble overtaxes my poor brain.

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ice is the worst. I hated those ice storms when zI lived further South. The game looks interesting.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hello Ginnie, greetings and good wishes.

Bad weather is a yearly companion to you and it is amazing you find ways and means to spend the time indoors with interesting games.

In Kochi where I live there is no snow at all. The climate is moderate never too hot or too cold. We have a long rainy season but even then rain doesn't pour continuously so that the normal life goes on.

Best wishes

10:43 PM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

Glad the family arrived safe and sound. We got far more snow than expected and are expecting another round this afternoon. Surprisingly enough, our Lucy romped and played like a puppy in the deep snow.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

It has been cold and now I see that you may have more snow. Stay warm, Ginnie. Cute little dog.

8:53 AM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

Looks like the kinds of "legal" words my spouse come up with when she invariably beats me in Scrabble...:(

5:18 PM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

There's something nice to be said about being indoors and playing a game. And, like several others have commented, I too have not played Upwards, but I have played Scrabble (badly at times).

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home