Tuesday, May 27, 2014

It’s ALIVE ! No, it’s a Robot …

… a little floor vacuum called Roomba.

I was introduced to this little robot on my recent visit to my Granddaughters in Tampa. They have a large living room with a good amount of wood flooring and, with two dogs and two cats, it was hard to keep a clean house with all the animal hair that they shed. Now it’s a cinch. They just activate this little guy and he goes to work.

I was amazed to see how successfully it worked, both on bare floors and on rugs. But it sure felt to me like it was alive since it seemed to find me wherever I sat and my granddaughter’s fiancé said the same thing. He has a hobby restoring motorcycles and often does the small stuff in the living room so I guess it was no surprise that Roomba would gravitate toward his “mess”.

I wondered why I would be attacked however since the biggest “mess” I made was working on a huge (1500 piece) jigsaw puzzle. 

But, guess what ? That sneaky little Roomba actually picked up one of the puzzle pieces and, luckily, my granddaughter thought to check the contents !

So, even though it’s a bit out of my price range, I can highly recommend this little robot. Just don’t take it personally when he tries to push you out of the way.

7 Comments:

Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Good to know this work so well because it wouldn't work for us now, but someday in the future when we have a single level home with lots of open area. Sure would be nice not to oush a vacuum cleaner!

6:24 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

It's a humourous thing to me, but if it works, great.

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have wondered how these things worked. 1500 pieces! I'm impressed.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

I had a friend who swore by this gadget. Like you, it is out of my price range.

2:35 PM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

Don't think I am quite ready for one.

5:58 AM  
Blogger possum said...

I wonder how the cats would like it? That might be fun! And then there are all the little mice...
But thee cost is out of my range for clean entertainment!
sorry.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

I have heard mixed reviews but am glad that you found it worked well. Catching up here. Long time away it seems.

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home