Sunday, April 13, 2014

My April “Christmas gift” …

Each year my children ask me what I want for Christmas so this year I decided to actually tell them. Since they are all in the building business I asked if they could replace the old deck on the side of my house. I would provide all the materials if they would be the labor !

Needless to say this was a win/win situation all around and here is how it went:

If you look carefully you will see three workers. My son-in-law on the left, my oldest son on the right and my younger son in the white cap between them peeking over the deck from the rear. And my daughter got in the act too … clean-up being her part.

With all of them working it took just about two days and here is the result.
This is the best Christmas gift that I’ve ever received but I do have one problem. I have to wait 6 months for the wood to “cure” before I can stain it ! (Some people are never satisfied.)  
 



10 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Pfft ... they shoulda had it done on Dec 26th. ;)

5:53 PM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

Great gift. I know you will enjoy sitting out there.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Gifts like this are the best type as they are enjoyed so much longer.

6:20 PM  
Blogger KGMom said...

Pure genius, Ginnie. You have solved the problem many of us seniors have--what to say we want for Christmas.
Me, I'd like more time with my far away children. But a new deck sounds just dandy. Bet you'll enjoy it this summer.

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A wonderful gift. So wonderful that others, particularly the kids, can help.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

They really did a bang up job. I have always found asking what someone wants really works out best. The surprise is gone but the smiles stay.

3:36 PM  
Blogger possum said...

Send them here for their next project!
You could rent them out!

5:12 AM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

Looks like a great place to kick back and relax. Enjoy....:)

5:22 AM  
Blogger Grace-WorkinProgress said...

How nice for you and loving gift for sure.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

Lovely! What a great gift. I know you will enjoy it this Spring and Summer.

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home