Saturday, February 15, 2014

By car, by plane … by armchair ???

There’s more than one way to take a Florida vacation !! The picture that you see is the diorama that my beautiful granddaughter Amelia constructed for me.


Usually a diorama has animals or figures in it but her three dimensional picture fits the definition since I feel sure that critters have just left the sand and are romping under the waves. As you see she has painted some of it and then added actual sand, complete with little chips of sea glass and shells that glitter. I love it and have it proudly displayed where I can bask in it as I sit at the desk in my office.
My granddaughter and her fiancé are hoping that I will visit them in Tampa but, since that is probably not going to happen soon, she thought this would be the next best thing and I heartily agree .

Thanks, Amelia … I’m a very lucky grandma !

13 Comments:

Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

A lovely gift from your granddaughter, Ginnie, and you may yet get to visit her in Tampa.
Also Happy Birthday wishes to you today from a fellow Feb celebrant (2/3)!

4:15 PM  
Blogger Grace-WorkinProgress said...

How nice. You really should really take a trip and see a real beach.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

What a thoughtful and beautiful gift. A proper teaser to get you to dangle your feet in the Gulf.
This would be the time of year to go.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

It is very nice. It's special knowing it was created by someone special just for you.

8:05 AM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

Wonderful gift. It must have been nice to look at the lovely sea during all this snow.

9:23 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

That's very nice of her and it is nice to look at. But were I you, and someone wanted me to come to Florida, I would not disappoint them, especially THIS winter!!

10:24 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

Oh, and BTW: do you need a travel companion?

10:25 AM  
Blogger possum said...

Well, aren't you the lucky one? That was so sweet. I am sure you will get to Florida... it will work out.

4:27 AM  
Blogger KGMom said...

I love the diorama. And I think if you look at it long enough, you will spy a sea creature come darting out! Just for a blink, of course.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Regenia said...

She obviously loves her grandmother! What a beautiful gift.

4:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A diorama to long for. Beautiful. It's a wonder it arrived with its sand intact!

4:29 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

A great gift. She certainly does have talent. Hope that you will some day venture down to Charleston. Good beaches here too.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Rian said...

I have one of those too... made by my daughter when she was in college. It is also a beach scene with shells attached. It's strange that you should mention dioramas as the semi-famous person I have been given in an art class this week is Frances Gessner Lee who is noted for her crime-scene dioramas. Before this,I had never heard that word.

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home