Friday, September 27, 2013

Lost and found …A small victory

If any of you out there are lovers of jigsaw puzzles you will understand the frustration and annoyance that I faced today. I’d spent many hours piecing together this charming scene only to find that a piece was missing !!

How could this be? Over the years I’ve bought and been given many puzzles but I’ve held on to just a few, the ones that really appealed to me, and, of course I would never save a puzzle with any pieces missing. So, I decided to go in search of that one small piece. It had to be somewhere.

It’s very easy for puzzle pieces to get lost on the “rug” that I painted on the floor so I got out my trusty broom and did a thorough sweep there.

No luck …but I did have a cleaner floor.
I took my search further and proceeded to sweep the entire kitchen floor and even part of the hallway, thinking that the wind might have blown it out there. I was just about to give up and was thinking that I’d throw the darn puzzle out when I decided to take one last go-round. The only difference was that I stuck my broom UNDER a small cabinet and, lo and behold, there was that pesky little piece.
OK, I hear it …those of you advising me to “get a life” but I say it’s these little victories that make up the life I have !

10 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie Jacobs said...

Oh, I do so relate to your frustration about the missing piece! I'm glad you found it.

5:20 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

When my cats were still alive, I tried to do puzzles. I would find half of the work I had done the night before on the dining room floor in the morning. It was very discouraging, so I put all the puzzles away. I have looked forward to getting this new home put together just so I can set up a table and start doing puzzles again. Trouble is, I can't find a good place to set up the table.

I'm glad you found your missing piece.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Way to go. That is determination. I really like that painted rug. It looks so real and will never fray.

5:56 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It's always the little things being mislaid that can really get to a person, so I can fully understand and appreciate your frustration, Ginnie.

7:19 AM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

I cannnot tell you how long I have searched for something like that. My husband says, "I'll be glad to buy you a new one." He just doesn't get it. It's the thrill of the hunt and the feeling of success.

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love these puzzles, and yes, I know how frustrating it is to leave something incomplete. Dianne

10:13 AM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

I love doing jigsaw puzzles. I have many excellent ones. I have a big one framed on my wall. My dear older friend Délima and I did it together. When she died her daughter brought it by and said she wanted me to have it. I enjoy having on my computer room wall to remind me of my interesting friend who I shared many hours with doing a puzzle and taking about her life on a farm and working as a cook in a logging camp. She married at 14 in part because it would be easier to cook and clean for one man instead of her four brothers. I will send you a copy of my framed puzzle.

4:03 PM  
Blogger possum said...

HAHAHA! I LOVE it! I can so identify!
Many years ago I put a puzzle in the round together... it was of Greek ruins and took forever to put together. When I finally finished it, I glued that sucker together and glued it to a piece of cardboard and vowed I'd never, ever, do a round one again! LOL!
And yes, the cat did help. sigh.
Now they have rollup puzzle keepers or stow and go puzzle carriers/protectors. I got one but I haven't had time to work on a puzzle in years. Now I don't know where it is! HAHAHA!
BUT, MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL - I love YOUR "RUG!" That is so cool!
You are just brilliant!

8:11 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

I used to get more frustrated by things like the cloud pieces! But I also don't like to lose things so I would be hunting it down too, I suppose.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

You are very tenacious. How about that painted rug? What a talent!

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home