Monday, September 23, 2013

A magical day …


Meet my son Matt. He’s a gentleman so I’m sure he’d get up to greet you if he could but he’s in a bit of a tight squeeze doing some finishing work on a project.

He’s working on a boat house at Lake Tillery which is a little over an hour from where we live and he brought me along for the ride. He thought it would be a good change for me and he was so right. I admit to taking the requisite pain pill before we started to keep the Shingles at bay, but it didn’t diminish my enjoyment.

Here you see the boat house …a very attractive building with a lovely area to sit overlooking the water.

 
I brought a good book and my usual NY Times Crossword puzzles so I had plenty to keep me occupied while he installed a fan vent and did a lot of finishing work inside the boat house. You see the lovely view that I had in the first picture and wandering to the ground level this is what I saw …

 
Beauty from every perspective and such a nice change from my usual “woe is me” day at home ! I felt better than I have for 6 weeks and really think this blankety-blank disease is coming to an end.
Thanks, Matt … It was truly a magical day.
 

9 Comments:

Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Nice to read that you are feeling somewhat better and able to get out and have an enjoyable day on the water.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Bonnie Jacobs said...

Oh, good! "I felt better than I have for 6 weeks" sounds wonderful.

5:26 PM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

Good news indeed. And what a spot. Makes me want to go fishing!

3:55 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

What a great place to get away too, even if only for a day trip.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

So glad you are progressing but wish you were finally at the "all clear" stage. Soon!!!
What a lovely spot. Your son was quite thoughtful to get you out and away from thinking about the pain for a while.

7:26 AM  
Blogger possum said...

What a beautiful spot! Best yet, you are feeling better - well enough to go with Matt.
I am so happy for you!

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful, and what a thoughtful son. Glad you had a good day. Dianne

6:46 AM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

Nothing like a trip out with your son! Glad you are finally on the mend.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

Glad that you are feeling better. I like boat houses. There are many old ones in Virginia.

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home