Wednesday, June 06, 2012

What WOULD a Romney Presidency be like ?


It’s no secret where I stand politically but you will be relieved to know that I don’t intend to spend the next 5 months blogging about it.

HOWEVER … I just have to comment about the insipid Romney commercial that is flooding the airways in my state of North Carolina right now. If you haven’t heard it yet it goes like this …

We are treated to a series of clips showing a very bubbly and clean cut Mitt Romney shaking hands with his constituency, which of course includes a token black. The announcer is talking over the music and his message is …

“What would be different about a Romney Presidency? …from day one, President Romney focuses on the economy and the deficit, unleashes America’s energy resources, and stands up to China on trade. President Romney’s leadership puts jobs first."

This litany of promises reminds me of the old slogan of the depression years promising “a chicken in every pot” … never mentioning how the chickens going to get there !

And then to add icing to the cake the message ends with this line: “It’s the feeling we’ll have that our country’s back on the right track." To my ears that’s saying … we’ll be right where we were in 2000 to 2008… i.e., a pure white guy in the Oval Office and all the breaks going to big business. (The 1% will be thrilled !)

Of course I don’t agree with everything that’s gone on for the past three years but I think President Obama is doing an amazing job holding firm. In November my vote goes to him.

10 Comments:

Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

I right with you bogger buddy!

3:43 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

Me too, Ginnie, although my husband's vote will cancel mine.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

I'm not voting for either one. This will be the first time in 35 years that I will not vote. I don't like either choice.
I know people will say "If you don't vote then don't complain" but I just don't see the point. I really don't see any good changes in the future, no matter who's running.
Love Di ♥

6:58 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Good for you.

Diana. Can you not go a then decline your ballot? We can do that here. It's a stronger statement than just not voting.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Ginnie, times like this me really glad we don't subscribe to any TV services and so don't see any ads, including insipid political ones like the one you described.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Considering the mess he was given, not bad. He will get my vote again. We need a congress that won't stone wall everything.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous schmidleysscribblins,wordpress.com said...

I hate the stupid commercials from both sides, and it only promises to get worse before it gets better. As for voting. I like Michelle O. Mr O would be a lot better off if he ran to the middle. I like his Secretaries of State and Defense, andd the new head of the CIA. Dianne

12:55 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

No A.C. we don't have that option here. But it would be a good way to get a message across.
Love Di ♥

4:49 PM  
Blogger KGMom said...

Ginnie--I note the not so subtle "we'll have our country back." The subtext is that the president is not "one of us."
I hate it...just hate it.
And, I too will be voting for the president.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

You know where this yellow dog Democrat stands--the President will get my vote. He was handed a mess and has done something. The worst recession in my lifetime is slowly going away. I think that Mr. Obama is an amazing person.

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home