Monday, August 09, 2010

U … unwanted T … tawdry I … irksome


I apologize for the long interval since my last blog entry but I have a good excuse ! The blame goes directly to a severe UTI, (commonly known as a Urinary Tract Infection.)

I had no idea that something as common as a UTI could make me so sick. I was under a Dr’s care but the darn E-Coli in my system turned out to be resistant to all the different meds he tried. I finally had no choice but to go to the ER, which culminated in a 3 day admission to the hospital.

As the admitting doc said, “It’s time for the Atomic Bomb approach”. This sounded promising but the fact that I’m allergic to Penicillin made it a challenge. The Pharmacist and Dr. finally agreed on the med however and I was hooked up and “fed” for the length of my stay.

Now I’m home, none the worse for wear, and thankful to be back with you all.

10 Comments:

Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Oh gosh Ginnie, I can so identify with that blasted UTI! thank goodness you did go to the ER. Drink lots of cranberry juice now...it is awesome for keeping the UTI at bay!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

That sounds pretty darn severe. Glad you're back and well.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Oh Ginnie what an ordeal to go through for a UTI ! Hospital stays are no fun at all. I am glad that you are home and feeling better. Stay well! Love Di ♥

5:31 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

I just enjoyed traveling backwards through your blog, Ginnie. It's great to catch up again. So glad you are feeling better. Look forward to staying in touch.

Sarah

6:06 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

Oh, Ginnie, I am sorry to hear this!! I've been out of town for 5 days, so I didn't know you were "missing in action". I know how resistant that illness can be; my MIL had it and was hospitalized for a week.

6:09 PM  
Blogger lucylocket said...

Glad to hear you're okay!

6:21 PM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

I am so glad you are back to normal after your medical battle. I would never have know. I might have thought you were on vacation if you did not blog for a while.

The cranberry juice suggestion is a good one. These berries have many properties are which are good for you. They are an anti-oxidant for one. They. along with blue berries, also very good for you, are free for the picking around here. Come the end of September I will in the cranberry bog to pick me a pillow case of berries to last me the Winter.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hello Ginnie, you have been missed but nice to hear that you are on the mend and feeling better. Hope you continue on the road to feeling 100% once again.

5:44 PM  
Blogger possum said...

OH, so not fun!
And the side effects can be so strange!
Glad you are back on track! or tract, whatever...
Like they said, drink the cranberry juice... preferably the kind with limited amounts of sugar.
BE WELL!

10:25 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

Ginnie, I had no idea. A UTI can make people actually be nonsensical, as I saw that happen to my mother when she would get one in her 90's. I am glad that you got some help for it. Take care.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home