Saturday, March 27, 2021

THE BROWNING OF AMERICA



In all my 88 years I have never seen anything to match what our country is going through now. The last 4 years with Trump have really brought the under-belly of our country to the surface. He is the worst president in our history but he certainly knew, and knows, where to find his followers. They all have a common thread that binds them.

The commonality comes to the surface when you utter the words … “the browning of America”. A HUGE majority of white America is made up of men and women who can't contemplate a country where they are not top dog. Of course this is pure racism but millions of whites practice it. They conveniently don't look into their heritage and NEVER give credit to the fact that THEY were not the first humans to grace our land.

We are a country of immigrants and I find it exciting. What a boring place to have just money-hungry and racist whites in charge. It's the acceptance and pride of our varied backgrounds that make our country great!

Right now we are blessed to have President Biden. His administration is finally putting the light on the actual people that make up our country. It is thrilling to have this happen, but Biden's hope for unification is being stymied at every turn by a majority of the disgusting Republicans in the House and Senate. They are not even making sense. They continue to spout Trump's lies and refuse to compromise under any circumstance. I am embarrassed for them and for the country.

I am also petrified that we may not be strong or wise enough to make the needed changes and I pray that it's not too late.



T



6 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

I hear you!

5:16 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

These are frightening times. The Orange Blob unleashed racism plus Christian Nationalism. The danger is not over.

3:04 AM  
Blogger Regina M. said...

Simply watching the politicians on the right in the news this morning made me want to vomit. It's difficult for me to see how utterly stupid they are as well as arrogant. I was so glad when Trump was dumped as well as relieved but now I'm beginning to feel frightened again on a daily basis. This world is worse than ever, isn't it?

12:16 PM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

Well Jenny you nailed that whole problem right on the head so did the Confederate flags in our nations capital it the policeman on the head trying to defend it. Ray

6:33 PM  
Blogger Linda P. said...

I remember walking into a gathering of friends in our small town sometime around the mid 2010's. The first person who approached me that evening was a man who had been serving as a substitute teacher for the first years of his retirement. He wanted to tell me about a bit of research he'd just discovered. In serious tones, he said that statisticians believed that by 20-something, whites would no longer be the majority population in the U.S. My positive reaction caught him off-guard, and he quickly drifted away, going from person to person with his supposedly dire news. In 2016, he and another male of that group who had been my husband's best friend would cut my husband from their acquaintances because he dared to switch political parties and give his reasons as vociferously as the men had always done when expressing political views. He was instructed via email that they would consider continuing their friendships if he would write an essay detailing all Clinton's sins. I'll leave you to guess whether he complied or whether we're still part of that group. It was a more wrenching break to my husband than it was to me, as I had always known the real reasons behind all the high-minded so-called "patriotism." I was born into a whites-only-signs-everywhere Southern-state small community where my own relatives attended church regularly while espousing racist views freely in everyday conversations.

4:35 AM  
Blogger Joared said...

I certainly agree with you -- so well said!

3:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home