Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Getting antsy staying home ? Try this ...

A good friend just sent me a NY Times article that really drew my attention. This was one of the pictures that accompanied the story and you can see why my interest was piqued.


It's a hand made coronavirus pinata just begging to be smashed. Evidently they are being made all over the country in different degrees of artistic talent but that doesn't really matter. These pinatas are not made to be held and cherished … they are made to help rid the pent up frustration and anger that so many are feeling due to being home bound by the Covid-19 pandemic.

Just imagine the fun that the kids would have … especially if they smashed the pinata that had a bunch of candy inside. Or how about the adult that is so frustrated and angry because the virus is one thing he can't control. A baseball bat and a smack or two would sure help.

It's been years since I've practiced the art of paper mache but it sure is tempting. How about it? Let's all put our imaginations to work and see what we come up with. Just working on them would release some of our pent up frustration … even if they never come to fruitiion.



6 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie Jacobs said...

Hi, Ginnie. What I came up with is a blog post about YOUR blog post. I also suggested people might end up making "some lovely thing" out of their paper mache, instead of the coronairus pinata to whack. What fun! Thanks for writing about this, even though I'm not interested in trying to make one myself. Stay well, and I hope you are finding ways to cope without too much pent-up frustration. Here's a link to my blog post for you:
https://bonniesbooks.blogspot.com/2020/05/does-this-look-like-fun-to-you.html

6:51 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Go for it Ginnie, but tryign to make it would be the thing that would frustrate me. :)

6:56 PM  
Blogger Joared said...

interesting twist on the pinata idea -- making it an outlet for all sorts of frustrations -- just create a pinata and wack away!

12:21 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

I can almost feel the release as I imagine smacking that critter.

6:49 AM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

I wouldn’t enjoy the crafting but the end result would be awfully satisfying!

6:59 PM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I can understand why this might be a fun activity for those households where children and adults have been self-isolating, but it's not something we will be making. No children here and wore yet, no baseball bats!

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home