Thursday, October 08, 2015

A night to swing to Gypsy flamenco …


Once again my daughter and son-in-law will be hosting an evening of music, fellowship and fun at their place of business in Stanfordville, NY.   I wish so much that I lived closer because these are times not to be missed.  You might remember when I posted this picture:


It’s the large room in the barn where, on music nights, the antiques are not the only thing on display.  The audience takes over … clapping and cheering the musicians on and even dancing when the spirit moves !  (Of course if one were to fall in love with one of the antiques I’m sure a “sold” sign could be arranged.)

And now for this event.  3 amazing musicians called AMERANOUCHE …
I’ve been lucky enough to hear them live and they are a delight.  They play a spirited type of music called Gypsy flamenco swing.  Their name is derived from two words …American and Manouche, (the Gypsy tribe of guitarist Django Reinhardt) and the combination results in a type of music that is both cool and mellow yet throbs with passion and strength…a throwback to the colorful Flamenco dancers of Andalusia. Their music is not just beautiful … it is extremely moving and not easily forgotten when the evening is over
AMERANOUCHE will be playing this Sunday, the 11th, at Bowen Barn in Stanfordville, NY.  If you can make it there you won’t be disappointed … and I’ll be jealous!  
As it says on their poster   Look for the Elephant
 
 
 

7 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

It looks like a grand time.

"... a type of music that is both cool and mellow yet throbs with passion and strength." What a great critic you are.

4:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like my kind of music; and that Django was pretty 'quick on the draw' as well as being a great musician. ;-)

7:28 AM  
Blogger ellen said...

What fun! I am a bit too faraway to get there.
Ginnie, my darling beloved grandson has flown the nest to attend Gonzaga University in Spokane and he has discovered Swing Dancing!!!! He loves it. I told him he will have to teach me how, after I put my knee braces on. Oh, Lord..what fun and the music is not to be denied.
Have a lovely weekend and I hope that you are safe from flooding.

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a nice holiday weekens Ginnie.

11:45 AM  
Blogger possum said...

Sounds wonderful!
Like you said, too bad we don't live closer! What fun!

3:32 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

And, if we were in that area we would certainly check out this event too, Ginnie.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

Sounds like a great time. Sorry that I won't be there. You need to check out Awendaw Green when you come to Charleston. Great musicians and such.

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home