Thursday, July 19, 2012

FLYING HIGH … two views !



I never have been able to resist a swing hanging from a tree and this one was particularly attractive. It was just one of the many fun happenings that came my way on my recent trip north.

This particular day my daughter, son-in-law and I were the guests of his brother and wife. Just being there and soaking in the spectacular view would have been enough but the night included a fine dinner too.

I should have taken pictures of their gardens because the meal consisted of just-picked veggies and there’s little that can beat that for good eating!

And here’s a different take on “flying high”. It’s a picture of my son-in-law painting the barn that houses their antique business. It was scary to see him aloft like that but it didn’t seem to faze him. He actually took a series of pictures on his cell phone of the view from atop the ladder and then he displayed them on his TV screen when he got home.



I can’t ever imagine myself up that high. It literally made my knees weak just viewing the pictures he took !

12 Comments:

Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Ginnie, no doubt that you were flying high on your recent get-away.

5:24 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I am not a ladder sort of person either.

6:28 AM  
Anonymous schmidleysscribblins,wordpress.com said...

When I lose a few more pounds, I think I will find a place to fly high. Looks like great fun. I am with you on heights. I get vertigo thinking about it. Dianne

8:25 AM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

Just looking at the height of the barn takes my breath away. Love the swing.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Well you looked like you were having a great time Ginnie! I'm not afraid of heights, the problem is no one ever wants to spot me, LOL!!
Love Di ♥

1:36 PM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

Fun and interesting posts as always. I'm just catching up today as our computer died and it took some weeks to replace it...

9:27 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

I like swings and zip lines, but not ladders (any longer). I get too wobbly on them.

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Big John said...

Sooner him than me, Ginnie. I would need an extra hand to hold the paint brush.

7:45 AM  
Blogger KGMom said...

I am with you on swings. I love them--though, seeing your picture reminds me it's been a while for me.
Off I go in search of a swing.
I am not wild about heights, though.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

I got woozy just looking at that.
However, now you make me want to find a swing.

4:47 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

Nice swing and barn!

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Freda said...

You look great - but I'll pass on the swing, too dizzy by half. Don't go too high!

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home