Saturday, December 05, 2009

WHERE DID THE LAST 16 YEARS Go???


This could be my all time favorite photo. It shows my adorable grand-daughter Amelia when she was five. We had spent the afternoon painting and then we had framed her picture so that she could hang it in her bedroom.

Over the years I’ve watched her turn from a darling child into an inquisitive teenager and finally into a youthful maturity. Her life has not been overly easy but she’s always approached every challenge with an open mind and a will to do her best. I am so very proud of her.

This is her birthday month and she will reach the ripe old age of 21 just days before Christmas. She is still in college but has suddenly turned into a gorgeous woman of the world. I can’t wait to see where she will go from here; but, I still can’t help wondering …

WHERE DID ALL THOSE YEARS GO?

8 Comments:

Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

Life becomes like one of those movies where the train is rushing down the track toward and abrupt end. I can recall the one which end with the train crashing through the wall of the station. They used Toronto's Union Station for that dramatic scene.

12:23 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

Our youngest grandchild will turn ten on this 20th and I am wondering where the last 10 years went. I can barely believe it has been that long since I welcomed her into the world.

Your granddaughter looks like a real cutie and I suspect she has retained that!

12:39 PM  
Blogger KGMom said...

Ginnie--send my happy birthday greetings to your granddaughter--what a sweet photo.
You are so fortunate...I am still waiting for grandchild # 1, and sometimes think it may not happen.
You have many things for which to be very grateful.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Absolutely lovely, and that is whay I just love spending time with the kids playing and keeping their minds active doing kid things and making houses out of bedding and boxes and running in the park and kicking the leaves on the ground. I don't want it to stop..but I know they are developing before my eyes. Funny that, Mia asked what developing means today. She heard it when we watched a documentary on cold blooded animals tonight :)

3:55 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

It's scary how it flies. You are fortunate to have seen her grow up though. I know that you know that.

8:07 AM  
Blogger azahar said...

The same goes to our youngest, Amalia. She was born in Athens, Georgia Feb. 17, 1996 and now she is just turned thirteen and already taller than her mother and her elder sister, Diyana.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

I also wonder that. They are going faster and faster too. Such a cute photo.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Chancy said...

Beautiful little grand daughter grows up to be a beautiful and accomplished young woman. But yet we stil miss the little one she was.
I know the feeling.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home