Wednesday, April 08, 2009

UPDATE on my “JUNGLE” !


A few weeks back I posted a blog entry about my back yard ... which is literally an untamed jungle. I can’t keep up with it so I concentrate on the little lawn in front of my house and let the back go wild.

The picture that I included with that post showed my “jungle” covered with a light dusting of snow. It was quite lovely and the comments that I received warmed my heart. Here are a few of them:

“It's not a "jungle" it is a wildlife natural garden.”

“I like the jungle. There's a well known house here in which the couple purposely left the site around the house natural for the birds. So you are right on with your jungle yard.”

“Our neighbors consider us eccentric as we actually have trees and those trees drop leaves, and *gasp* we don't rake them up - well, except for a few we need for mulch.”

“I prefer a jungle to manicured lawns. It greatens the odds that you'll get many curious birds and rabbits roaming through.”


Now that Spring is coming on fast my “jungle” is, once again, changing face. The wisteria has arrived ! It’s another way for Mother Nature to dress up my back yard and the birds are enjoying it as much as I am.

A “Carolina Blue” sky, fluffy white clouds and animal life of every variety combine to make the “jungle” a natural wonder to behold

5 Comments:

Blogger Syd said...

I like the jungle and the wisteria. Wonderful smell. Great habitat that you've created. Good for you Ginnie.

8:03 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

Had I been smart enough to plant some wisteria when we moved here, maybe now I'd be gazing out at a beautiful, lavender jungle!! I love that stuff.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Enjoy yourself back there, and enjoy the neatness of the front.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Scott W said...

Don't get lost in the jungle!

5:21 PM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

When I last traveled though North Carolina I really enjoyed the Wisteria. We have nothing in bloom yet. Not even pussy willows. Snow is finally going with temperatures above freezing in double digits.

5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home