Thursday, January 24, 2008

“SPAGHETTI a la CARBONARA”…un pasto squisito



I have had this delicious spaghetti dish many times and it is one of my favorites. My nephew gave me the recipe in 1983 when he returned from a summer spent in Parma, Italy.

Serves 6: 1 lb bacon, white wine (or chicken stock,
1 large onion, diced. 4 to 5 eggs,
Butter, Oregano,
Parmesan Cheese, 16 chopped mushrooms,
1 ½ lbs spaghetti.

Saute chopped bacon and diced onion slowly and season...add some butter if dry. Add chopped mushrooms and wine (or chicken stock) to taste. Cook a bit more.

Meanwhile, mix 4-5 eggs in a bowl with a good handful of grated parmesan cheese. Add pepper, mix.

Cook spaghetti and drain in colander and replace in the hot pot. Mix spaghetti with your egg mixture ( the raw egg mixture gets solid & cooked by the heat of the cooked spaghetti). Then pour the bacon mixture over and toss together. Serve immediately.

I include more grated parmesan and black pepper on the table, and serve with a green salad and crusty Italian bread. This is a festive and simple meal, truly an exquisite pasta...un pasto squisito

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm! Yummy. I love it. Another of my favourites is Tortellini cooked with butter and whole 'sprigs' of basil. Simple but delicious.

John ... http://oldgit.wordpress.com/

8:06 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

This sounds absolutely delicious and we are definitely going to try it. Thank you.

Barbara left a message with her cousin (I think it's her cousin, huge family) about the library, we are waiting to hear back.

12:48 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

I am going to print this one, Ginnie. It sounds delicious~!

7:42 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

That looks incredibly yummy! I will have to make that for my brother. Thanks!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Bud said...

Sounds great, Im on my way.

2:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, I just finished dinner and my mouth watered at the sight of that pasta. It looks delicious and I bet it is.
Ray loves pasta dishes, so I'll have to copy this down.
Terri
http://www.islandwriter.net

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home