Friday, August 11, 2006

FLIGHT UPDATE...........


Hello everybody....I flew out of Alaska late Wed. evening and arrived in Chicago at 9am Thursday...only to find the airport in a very tight security lock-down. It was quite scary, but fascinating to be so close to it all.
I did have toothpaste and hand lotion in my large carry-on purse but, by the time I hit Chicago they were banning any substance such as that except in the luggage that was checked. I heard many people talk of throwing that stuff out...rather than trying to pack it.
I had a 3 hour wait until my connecting flight to Albany, NY. Listening to the chatter and watching the increased precautions and hearing them over the loud speakers...really made me aware of how the rest of the world lives daily. It is certaily a wake-up call.
The rest of my trip will be by car and I should be back home in North Carolina by the
21st.
I've enjoyed checking the BLOGS whenever I got the chance...WE'RE EVERYWHERE !!
PS: The picture is an old postcard of Bangall...a little town next to where my daughter and son-in-law have their antique shop. The shop is called "Bowen Barn" and is on Rt 82 in Stanfordville, NY...if you ever get to that area.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad I checked your blog this evening. I'm sure it was a nightmare in the airport, but glad to hear all is going well for you. At least the rest of it will be by car and you can avoid the current airport chaos.
Safe journey back home.

3:59 PM  
Blogger goldenlucyd said...

Happy to hear you'll be back soon but sorry you had up-close-and-personal experience with airline security. Looking forward to tales.

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep thinking of all the piles full of shampoo and lotion in the landfill ... all that plastic and waste. I remember seeing a TV spot on all the nailclippers and such that the airlines collected.

Welcome back, Gini! Can I get twofleas blog address? Maybe I'll google it.

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just checking to see if you're back yet. Apparently not.
So Welcome Home when you arrive and look forward to your return to the blog world.

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home