Monday, March 22, 2021

A note to my blogger readers...

You may have noticed that I've stayed away from politics for the last 6 times that I've posted a blog entry.  This one will not be political either but I'm coming to the end of my patience so enjoy the silliness while it lasts !

                         ************************************************************************** 

I've always been scared when at great heights. It makes me feel weak all over and, just reading about them can turn my legs to water too!  So you can just imagine how I felt when reading about and viewing the Bailong outdoor elevator in Hunan, China !


There is no doubt that it is impressive and, at 1,070 feet tall, it holds the record for the world's tallest outdoor lift. However, I will forgo the pleasure of hopping aboard and will happily send you off to view this...


while I stay on the FLOOR of the Zhangjiajie National Forest Park and feast my eyes on the spectacular sand-stone pillars that rise up above me, the tallest reaching heights of more that 3,000 feet.







 

5 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I have been up the CN Tower with the elevator on the outside of the building. I was much younger. What was I thinking?

5:46 PM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Could never do it. Fear of heights has made me miss out on some great views.

6:19 AM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

I would try it in a heartbeat, without my husband however. Anything taller than a step ladder...

10:00 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

The tallest outside elevator I have been on was in Atlanta at Peachtree Plaza. It was a good experience and I didn't get scared, but my daughter did.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Joared said...

Heights can be an issue for me, too. I climbed a fire tower once, but had to sit on my tush coming down the open-backed steps. I did go up the outside elevator in Los Angeles Bonaventure Hotel and took a tethered hot air ballon ride at Orange County California's Great Park. A short flight in an open cockpit biplane did elicit a scream from me when the pilot banked and I loved flying in a small Cessna when my husband had his private pilot's license. So, I can handle some height situations but not others.

3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home