Thursday, October 01, 2020

Autumn brilliance …

We are now into October and the Presidential election, and all the angst that goes with that, is getting closer. I decided it was time to block it out for a day and went in search of something to soothe my soul. You can see by this photo that I found just what I needed. 

This is the Five Flower Lake in China's Juizhaigou Nature Reserve and National Park. The whole area is famous for it's mineral-rich waters but none can compare to this one in richness of color. It is only 16 feet deep but the lake bed is visible under its clear water and the color of the lake varies daily from emerald green, dark jade to light turquoise, with most of the time being a sapphire blue.

Local residents consider Five Flower Lake to be holy. While other lakes in the area melt and dry up this one remains constant and, although colorful year round, there is little that can compare to what happens in October. The heavy rolling forests come alive and they hug the Five Flower Lake in an incredible embrace of vivid autumn colors.

PS:  I'm sure that my Canadian blogger friends AC and Marie will be clicking away with their cameras as soon as the landscapes are as brilliant as this ... can't wait to see what they will share with us.



5 Comments:

Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Oh my that is just brilliantly beautiful.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

We don’t have anything here in eastern Canada to compare with that lake in China, Ginnie. Thanks for your confidence in me though.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

My goodness.

The clicking is a bit limited this year due to an early fall compounded with less than stellar weather.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Joared said...

I'd love to visit that location. Still remember a wonderful colorful trip up the east coast to Maine one fall many years ago.

1:07 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

That's gorgeous! We don't get the color like that here. Evergreen State. :)

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home