Wednesday, September 23, 2020

He's killing us ...

I had a nice “feel good” blog entry scheduled to run today but I am going to put it off for a few days because I feel compelled to share what happened to me this morning as I listened to the news.

I literally spoke out loud to the TV as I watched Trump's latest fiasco ... his huge rally last night. Just another of his ego trips but it hit me like it's never done before. I realize now that I have become numb to his lies and it's exactly what he's relying on as he completely ignores all protocols for safety during this Pandemic.

As I watched and listened to his hateful speech to an adoring audience of non-mask wearers it finally hit me and I yelled out loud to an empty room … "My God, the president of the United States is, literally, killing us."

I've secretly thought it for months but it's always been followed by ..."don't be so dramatic, Ginnie.  This is the United States ... he could never get away with that," but how naive can I be?  Of course it is exactly what he is doing. Just like he's never relinquished his business holdings or his taxes like all the past Presidents have done. He just sits on his throne making more money for himself and his corrupt businesses and pretends to care about the country while he tears us apart.

This is eerily similar to what Hitler did in the 30's. He brought out the hidden prejudices of an unhappy nation and that was more than enough to allow him to proceed.  We MUST stem this tide and I won't be silenced any more.

















6 Comments:

Blogger troutbirder said...

He is more than killing us ginnie. He is creating precursor as you mentioned to a fascist state. To see crowds of people applauding his every divide and kind or comment we see the Germans in 1933 falling for another consummate con artist. These people don't know what they're enabling. Ms. Cortez is an immigrant and American citizen. She deserves respect and not the implication that she doesn't count.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

Oh Ginnie. Watching from north of the border is tough enough. It must be scary and frustrating beyond belief for many Americans right now. Take care during these dangerous times!

12:52 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

And his flock remains in thrall.

I never could imagine this happening, but it is. We know they will do their utmost to rig the election results.

4:13 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

As you know Ginnie, I totally agree with you. He has adversely affected my mental wellbeing and just recently I learned my blood pressure was up. Viewing this man as the ultimate liar, I've not paid heed to ANYTHING he has said about the pandemic. How anyone can believe anything that comes out of his mouth is beyond me. Oh wait, I DO believe he will try to muck up this election...an election I've been waiting FOUR YEARS to vote in.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Joared said...

I’ve been writing about these issues as have others, providing supportive authoritative voices about his goals for four years including his self-proclaimed intent to change our form of government. Thank heavens increasing numbers of people are realizing this truth, i just hope its not too late.

1:34 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I am terrified and distraught about what he(and his followers) are doing. It feels like he can get away with anything.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home