Friday, August 03, 2018

SOUND FAMILIAR ????

Other quotes from the World War II master of Nazi Propaganda … Joseph Goebbels

"The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over".

"It would not be impossible to prove with sufficient repetition and a psychological understanding of the people concerned that a square is in fact a circle.  They are mere words, and words can be molded until they clothe ideas and disguise."

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.  The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences  of the lie.  It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of  the  State."

A frightening reminder … "THOSE WHO CANNOT REMEMBER THE PAST ARE CONDEMNED TO REPEAT IT"  George Santayana.

(Addendum:  I agonized over posting this; but, in all my 85 years I've never feared for the future of our country as I do now.  I simply cannot sit back and pretend there is nothing to fear and I thank you wonderful blogger friends who allow me to share my concern.)

9 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

It sure does sound familiar Ginnie. Scary times in which we live.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Whoever thought that the USA would come to this?!

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been stressed since the election. Each day I hesitate to read the news for the latest on Trump and what is happening in our own country. It's surrealistic. My grandparents' country of origin in Europe was taken over by the Nazis first and then by Russia. I know what can happen quite stealthily and suddenly. It's pathetic to see the number of young children at the rallies lately where Trump spews vitriolic words and has his ego inflated by the audience's reactions. drew39

8:21 AM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

We are indeed living in very frightening times. I fear that the damage being done to our wonderful country will take decades for good men and women to turn it around. I am very afraid.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, you know we are on the same page. I was listening to some native American elders share their prophecy about these times that they saw long ago. One of the elders said that years ago they saw this country write a Bill of Rights and realized that was an indication of our downfall. It should have been a Bill of Responsibility!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Voter apathy has made a lot of what we are dealing with possible. If we didn't have youngsters coming of age that are informed and eager to vote, I too would be worried. Their having to bury their friends and the government ignoring gun control has fired them up.

10:19 AM  
Blogger possum said...

Well, you know where I stand, Ginnie... and we both know folks who voted for the Rump... and some of them now try to pretend they didn't. At least maybe there is hope for them - but the ones who are PROUD to have voted for him - they are scary.
As AP said, we have to have faith in the youngsters who sadly have had to bury their friends and are obviously much smarted than the Rump's fan club.
I thought Bush/Cheney was scary! Think of the blood on their hands!

3:39 PM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

As a social studies and history teacher we were taught to give both sides of history and controversy fair and equal treatment. I'm not sure I would be able to do that in this day and age of "alternate facts."

5:12 PM  
Blogger Joared said...

Excellent quotes! We can only hope the people who need to read them do.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home