Sunday, July 29, 2018

"Another" Blood Moon




I was disappointed that we here in the U.S. were not able to see the amazing Blood Moon lunar eclipse two days ago.  I had to be satisfied with the amazing pictures taken elsewhere all over the globe...such as this:
So, imagine my surprise when I woke very early this morning and saw, what I choose to believe, is another version of the Blood Moon.  It was our same old moon ... still full but with a pinky-red aura surrounding it. Not easy to show in a photo (although it would have been a snap for AC or Marie) but here is what I got:  
HMMMMMMM … a message from the Big Guy?  We were the only part of the globe not privy to this amazing phenomenon.  Going it alone has many drawbacks ...


8 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

I haven’t had much success with moon shots either Ginnie.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

I haven’t had much success with night shots either Ginnie.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Oh I missed it all together also. Thank goodness for other who got out and took pictures. I like your version.

12:22 PM  
Blogger possum said...

You are right! going to your blog from google worked- but going from MY shortcut does not open the 2nd picture.
GO FIGURE!!!!!!!

2:09 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

I was disappointed too. I always feel cheated when we don't get to observe eclipses, etc.

7:01 AM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

That is quite the sight. Sorry I missed the real thing...:)

12:13 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Moons can be tough to begin with, and then there's the problem of them looking so small in the photo.

4:09 AM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

I loved looking at the photographs of the moon we did not see here. I've loved the moon since I was a child. My dear father told me he could make the moon follow us when we drove in the car at night. And indeed he did. Such magic for his little daughter.

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home