Monday, September 25, 2017

Which road would you take ?

 “Two roads diverged in a wood, and I … I took the one less traveled by,  and that has made all the difference”.
                                                         Robert Frost, 1874 - 1963
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  I don’t think these were the roads that  Robert Frost  had in mind when he wrote those      words but it got me to thinking. Why have I chosen certain roads and left others behind and where would I be if I'd taken a different path? 
  It boggles my mind.



 
 
 
 
 

6 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

At one time I thought about going into the ministry instead of teaching. I didn't know then that I would become an atheist. I wonder if I still would have?

1:57 PM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

Food for thought indeed! It think the same sometimes, but don't entertain the thoughts for long. I try to live in the moment though it is tough at times

1:58 PM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Had to laugh. That pier looked like a lot of the roads I took. Seriously though, I sometimes do the "what if's" and wonder if I had done this instead of that, how different would my life had been?

3:57 PM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

As to those roads pictured I think I'd walk or stay home. As to my choices my mom wanted me to be a concert pianist or Methodist minister. My dad to follow his footsteps and be a banker. My choice was to be a high school teacher and never regretted that choice ever...:)

4:44 PM  
Blogger joared said...

Love those road photos. Fun to think of what our lives might have been like had we taken a different road. Can we assume it would have been more desirable or merely different?

3:07 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It is always an interesting thought to wonder "what if" and I recall that as a child, I thought about a medical profession, years later, the legal profession seemed appealing. I followed neither path and have no regrets.

5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home