Wednesday, August 03, 2016

A short subway ride from the Big Apple

 
 
Here is my niece Wendy watering the flowers on the lovely roof top of the apartment where we spent 7 days together just a few weeks back. It felt very posh to have the circular staircase wend it's way up there and, although it was Brooklyn and not the actual City it was, as I labelled this entry,  just a short subway ride from the center of the Big Apple and a lovely place to start off my vacation..   
 
 The weather was exceedingly hot so we didn't overdo it at any one time.   However we managed a few excursions into the city and I just soaked up the atmosphere as it brought back memories of the time I lived there in 1957 to 1964.  Many, many thanks to Wendy for making this possible !

7 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Looks like a good location for you.

2:06 AM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

It sounds like a wonderful vacation, especially being with Wendy!

3:48 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Gee, I am puffing just looking at those stairs. New York has endless opportunities for entertainment from museums to night clubs. Know you enjoyed.

11:58 AM  
Blogger KGMom said...

The photos look very inviting.
So glad you had the chance to do some reminiscing in your "old" town!

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful. I had a friend who had a penthouse apartment in Manhattan and I stayed with her when I traveled to NYC. A lovely way to live. She had a cat who liked to sit out on the ledge.of the roof. It gave me vertigo. They also had a spiral staircase, however, I slept downstairs. Great fun. Popping out to a corner bistro for breakfast.

7:05 AM  
Blogger possum said...

Ah, there are folks who love cities - and then there are people like me...
I am so glad you got to enjoy a place you love - and some of your favorite people!

But I am glad you are home, safe and sound!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Even if it wasn't in NYC, still a great view and really liked that staircase too!

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home