Friday, February 06, 2015

Pancakes, anyone?

No, I’m not serving breakfast, I’m introducing you to my granddaughter’s new family member … her sweet little dwarf Holland Lop bunny they’ve named Pancakes.

They already have two LARGE dogs and two cats so this little guy won’t be lonely. I’m so glad to see that he’s caged though. I can just see the dogs tossing him up in the air or chomping on that lovely fur … mistaking him for one of those cuddly dog toys !!!

I had never heard of a Lop bunny so I did some research. Evidently this is a breed that originated in the Netherlands and was recognized by the American Rabbit Breeders Association in 1979.  The Holland Lops are the smallest of the lop-eared rabbits so, of course, that makes them the cutest and little Pancakes is proof of that.

I also read that they can be trained and it will be fun to see what they do with him. For starters, however, she’s letting him get acclimated to his new surroundings. He is adjusting very well and seems to love showing off the “Mohawk” that Amelia fashioned from his soft fur !
 

8 Comments:

Blogger Snowbrush said...

A trained bunny? Wow, I would love to see a rabbit do tricks because the two that I had were as adorable as anything but as dumb as mud.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Rabbits are kind of sweet, but I'm happy enough for someone else to enjoy them.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

I hope they enjoy that adorable pets.
A friend of mine had a bunny that had free run of the house, was sandbox trained, watched TV and cleaned up wayward seed under the bird cage. He lived to be 14.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

He is very cute. I really like the lops. There is a rescue group around here for rabbits.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hello Ginnie, greetings and good wishes.

Lovely photo of Lop bunny and interesting information.

I have not seen a Lop bunny.

Best wishes

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a neat bunny. Yes, they can be house trained like cats.

1:01 PM  
Blogger possum said...

How precious!
Had a miniature Belgian Hare once. It was house broken. Slept in my bed, sat on the sofa and watched TV with us. Ran out to the sunporch to use its litter box just like a cat.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a gorgeous little bunny :)

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home