Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Frustration … followed by VICTORY !

I wonder how many of you blogger friends have experienced the same frustration that I have trying to get used to the “new and improved” blogger setup on Google. It’s near impossible (for me anyway) to set the pictures where I want them and then, to make matters even worse, I found today that I COULDN’T UPLOAD PICTURES AT ALL. Upon investigating the “Help” option I found this statement:

“The photo upload icon is not appearing for some users on Internet Explorer. We’re investigating the issue and will update this post as soon as we have more information. In the meantime you can work around this issue by … temporarily switching to the Edit HTML mode of the compose editor.”

Well, that’s a start I thought so I clicked on “new post” and was surprised to see that it actually had a box with the letters HTML in it. Now, I have no idea what the initials stand for but I decided to take a chance and I clicked on it… and guess what? I was thrilled to find that I was back to my old tried and true format ! Whoopee ! Not only could I post my pictures as I did before but I could position them just where I wanted.

I sure hope that Google or Blogspot, or whoever it is that I’m connected to, keeps this option ! I’ve stopped swearing at them and it feels like I’ve won a victory. Now I’m all set and ready to post a new bunch of blogger entries … …if I can keep my mind from going blank, that is !

9 Comments:

Blogger troutbirder said...

That's exactly what happned to me and I was advised and used the same "fix." It was a relief but the whole experience was annoying to say the least. I was chicken to try a new browser as many advised. Mr. Conservative me. Ha!

3:47 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

So glad you found an easy fix. I had to switch browsers but got good results also.

4:51 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

I had this problem a few years back Ginnie and so I switched to Google Chrome. It was hard to get used to at first but haven't had any problems since.
My biggest problem with Blogging is that I don't know anyone else that does it. Besides Other bloggers that don't live anywhere near me!!
I usually let my daughter in N.C. help me out. Whenever you see my background change, you can thank my Ginny!!
Keep on plugging along Ginnie, there is always an answer as you've already discovered!! Love Di ♥

6:49 AM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

That's why I never upgrade to the new and improved setups. Just fancy words for beta testing.

7:59 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

I haven't tried to post a photo in a blog for quite a while (or so I remember it) but I'll check it out and see if I am able.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

You can move your photos around using the html tab in the compose area, but that might give you fits. It's best to upload one photo at a time if you're trying to get multiple photos in the right order.

12:28 PM  
Blogger ellen said...

Oh, there are many frustrations, I agree. Today we couldn't get connected up with the Internet until nearly 11:30. We are blaming it on the cold.

12:40 PM  
Blogger possum said...

Hmmm, I will have to try that. I have resorted to using Live Writer - it seems so much easier than Blogger lately. And faster! More picture options!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

HTML is hyper text markup language. I haven't had any trouble with Blogger lately. Sometimes on my iPhone or iPad, the app that I use when I am on the boat can be a little tricky. But most of the time, it is okay.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home