Sunday, December 30, 2012

A cluster of Santas and other Christmas delights

                                   
Aren’t these little Santas adorable? They are the creation of my Granddaughter who brought them to our family dinner on Christmas day. Just cut up strawberries and cool whip but they gave us all a chuckle.


And here is my son-in-laws fun package. He couldn’t find a suitable container for his gift so he made one !

My daughter knows how much I love the work of Maurice Sendak so when she saw this sweet Christmas jigsaw puzzle at a yard sale she grabbed it. It was in pristine condition so it was a surprise when I went to put it together and found that one piece was missing. Not to worry … there was a booklet enclosed with the picture so cardboard, scissors and paste were all that was needed to rectify that problem.

And last, but definitely not least, is my little sea-shell dove. I have a good friend who has a knack for turning shells into works of art. The body of this little guy is made of crushed shells and the wattle under his chin is a bivalve shell with a pearl in the center. Clever and just the right size to go on the top of my tiny 2 ½ foot tree

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A much more cheerful post today. Good to focus on the positive in life I think. What talented friends and family you have. Happy New Year. Dianne

6:59 AM  
Blogger ellen said...

What special gifts, Ginnie. It sounds as if you had a warm and lovely Christmas with those you hold dear.
I wish you the very best for this New Year. Yikes, where does the time go?
Much love to you, Ellen.

10:47 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

Your son is creative!! Love the strawberries, the shell bird and the puzzle. I also love the way you made a piece for it. I would never have thought to do that.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

It looks like you had a good Christmas, and here's to a Happy New Year.

5:05 AM  
Blogger possum said...

What clever friends and family you have! (Not that I would expect anything less!)
Have a wonderful 2013! Hope to see you next year!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Happy New Year, Ginnie, and thanks for sharing your Christmas treats and gifts with us. There are some very creative and thoughtful folks in your family.

7:59 AM  
Blogger joared said...

These Christmas gifts are truly unique -- each in there own way. Those strawberries are quite novel as is the packaging your SIL came up with. The sea-shell dove is lovely. Great puzzle missing piece solution!

6:39 PM  
Blogger joared said...

These Christmas gifts are truly unique -- each in there own way. Those strawberries are quite novel as is the packaging your SIL came up with. The sea-shell dove is lovely. Great puzzle missing piece solution!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

I am so glad you stopped by. For some reason, I have lost some of the blogs I follow from my reader. I have that corrected now. You were not the only one.
I am a huge fan of Garrison and think I remember that story. I can't get NPR here but catch him every now and then on a podcast.He is the best.
I really enjoyed seeing some of your gifts. I so admire creative people.

6:01 AM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

Aren't you the artsy crafty family. It must be fun to see what one comes up with. The bonus is things don't cost a lot.

All the best in the New Year.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

Great gifts for a special lady. Happy 2013 to you, dear Ginnie.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home