Wednesday, December 12, 2007

“DOG CHAPEL” UPDATE…..


Some of you may remember my blog entry a few weeks back about the Dog Chapel in Vermont. As I told you then it was amazing to see the walls of the chapel covered with hand written notes commemorating beloved pets who had passed on.

Today I was surprised and amused when a friend of mine gave me the picture above. He and his wife had visited the Dog Chapel and he got such a kick out of one of the notes that he actually photographed it.

(If you can’t read it, it says: “Bailey, you never bit or made me cry. I miss you everyday and know you’ll never be replaced in my heart. Why did you attack Daddy?”)

I don’t know about you but I want to know the particulars. Did Bailey die of natural causes or was the attack on “Daddy” responsible for an early death? Did “Daddy” provoke Bailey? Is the writer of the note a youngster and should he be wary of “Daddy“, too? Was Bailey accepted into “Doggie Heaven” or is he wandering in “limbo” because of his aggressive behavior? Has he repented or was it never his fault to begin with?????

Oh, it’s all too mind boggling to contemplate. Doggie-saint or Doggie-sinner … what does it matter? A beloved pet is gone and his owner has left a farewell message tacked to the walls of the “Dog Chapel”. Not closure exactly but certainly a comfort.

7 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

When I got to the line "Why did you attack Daddy?" I laughed out loud!!

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That place is really something. I have a feeling that Bailey is at that Rainbow Bridge....despite his indiscretions. (and Daddy probably deserved the "attack"...lol)
Terri

4:20 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Yeah, it's kind of cryptic. Maybe the dogs understands though. :)

6:31 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Oh, too funny! I wonder what daddy did?

3:33 AM  
Blogger Crayons said...

That's a cute story. I would like to visit that chapel.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great story. I'm with you. I want to know the details but I guess we have to make up our own.

8:32 PM  
Blogger dmmgmfm said...

I have to wonder what daddy did too.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home