Wednesday, November 25, 2020

A breathe of fresh air …

 Yesterday I watched as President Elect Joe Biden introduced his cabinet picks. He gave a short introductory message and then had each one of them say a few words. It is obvious that they all have the qualifications and experience needed to fill these posts. Since some of them will require Senate approval the list may change but it was like a breath of fresh air to watch and listen to the seven of them.

They look and sound like “real” Americans … representing a cross section of our population. It's such a stark contrast from the Trump sycophants who bow to HIS wants and not what's good for the country. Also these seven picks made it clear that they would speak “truth to power” if and when it's needed. Joe Biden encourages that and it's what Trump wouldn't think of allowing.

I guess it's silly to get teary-eyed over a bunch of politicians but I actually feel like I can breathe again. January 20th can't come soon enough for me !




7 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

It now seems like almost a revolutionary idea to appoint qualified people.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

In many parts of the world I believe people feel the same.

5:20 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

There is a lightness on our shoulders these days. What a relief to have such a leader ready to do our country right and who will surround himself with qualified people, not just big campaign contributors and sycophants. Ahhhh.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Regina M. said...

It's been wonderfully refreshing to see the new administration developing. I've already been sleeping better at night. Today I'm thankful that we were able to oust the mentally deranged egotist and his shameless minions. Too close to the edge for comfort four very long years. Whew! Safe & happy Thanksgiving!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

From my friend Jan:

A friend asked me what I was grateful for - this day being Thanksgiving... and i thought of your blog because of, 1. its YOUR blog, and you are my dear friend, and 2, you so often say what I am thinking - this post is one great example, and I am thankful for your words.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Joared said...

I, too, am pleased Biden is progressing with experienced knowledgeable appointees whose allegiance is to the constitution, especially any of those associated with our nation's security and our military. I am concerned that there will be serious efforts to thwart many actions a new administration will attempt, also what continued undermining of our democracy will be taken by our current whatshisname leader occupying the WH. Would be nice if Georgia in Jan. votes two senators in those runoff races to give Dems senate control with Veep Harris' vote.

4:23 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Qualified people and NONE of his family members. I can't believe that we are thankful for so little. (but we are after the Trump chaos!)

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home