Saturday, August 06, 2011

MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY… ??????


My friend Jan gave me the following list … sounds about right to me !

ARTERY … the study of painting
BACTERIA … the back door to the cafeteria
BARIUM … what doctors do when patients die
CAT SCAN ….searching for Kitty
CAUTERIZE … made eye contact with her
DILATE … to live long
ENEMA … not a friend
MORBID … a higher offer
OUTPATIENT … a patient who has fainted
PELVIS … second cousin to Elvis
SEIZURE … a Roman Emperor
TERMINAL ILLNESS … getting ill at the airport


And last but not least …

NITRATES … cheaper than day rates

10 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

Very clever, would have never thunk it! Love Di ♥

2:04 PM  
Anonymous schmidleysscribblins,wordpress.com said...

Oh you are too funny!! I read these to my family members. They laughed a bit. Dianne

2:28 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

LOVE them!! very cleaver, indeed!

6:50 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

A nice, light post for a Sunday morning. I was just reading them to Cuppa.

5:23 AM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

I loved them all!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Those sound perfectly logical to me.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Good smiles for a weekend, Ginnie.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Thank you so very much for cheering me up Ginnie! This Winter is depressing me and the fact that I have had to come into work this morning to do some yearly clinical skills update training.. gah! Mind you I am not really complaining here.. just that I am not used to mornings.. you know I "Don't Do Mornings!!!" lol

2:59 PM  
Blogger Middle Child said...

came via Cazzie's blog this is a real hoot

7:22 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

Very good Ginnie. I like dilate and terminal illness! Happy Friday to you.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home