Saturday, July 07, 2007

“FROGGY” is back ! !



On July 24th of last year I wrote a blog about my little gray tree frog who had taken up residence in a “for decoration only” bird house attached to the side of my home. He first showed up in August of 2004 when I had come home after undergoing a serious surgery. I dubbed him as my door greeter and protector.

Every year since then he has returned, but has stayed for shorter and shorter visits. I thought I had lost him completely until just a few weeks ago when he appeared once again. What seems to be different this time is that he is almost constantly on view. I guess he must hunt for food at night but the rest of the time he pokes his little head out of the bird house hole and keeps me company.

Today I decided to try out my new dulcimer playing skills and to get his reaction. He didn’t seem to be very impressed but, by the same token, he didn’t cover his ears so I guess I’ll take that as a positive sign. It’s really kind of nice to have an attentive audience that has nothing to say !

Now to the serious part…do I or do I not try to kiss this little guy and see if he’s a Prince Charming in disguise? I’ve missed my good traveling companion, Douglas, and, if Froggy is really a knight in shining armor we could traipse the world together.

But what if I kiss him and find that “he” is actually a “she” … or that nothing happens and he remains simply “Froggy” ? I guess I’d better leave well enough alone …

but it sure is tempting.

14 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I say, "Go for it. Kiss the frog."

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A music-loving frog? What do you know?
;)
Lovely post.

2:08 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

Isn't he darling!? Frog-lover that I am, I wouldn't kiss him - I might scare him away forever!

5:31 AM  
Blogger Ginnie said...

Well, at this early date the score is tied ...please let me know if you would or would not kiss the Froggy. You hold my future in your hands !

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty cool, Ginnie. Something I never would have dreamed either. Who knew? Frogs in birdhouses. Returning from year to year? Wow. I say go for it, the rest is so unbelievable you never know!

4:27 PM  
Blogger KGMom said...

Oh Ginnie--this is too funny.
If you kiss the frog, it could be like that commercial--the frog turns into a badger turns into an orangutan turns into a satyr--with each kiss.
But I saw--what the heck--go for it.

7:46 PM  
Blogger dmmgmfm said...

You are too funny, Ginnie. This post really made me laugh.

I say go for it!

Hugs,
Laurie

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing how he keeps returning. I remember that post from last year.
And hey, Ginnie....life is a risk! Kiss him and see what happens. You might be very surprised!

6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try playing 'Froggy went a courting'. The frog may join in. :-)

7:50 AM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Awwww, I love frogs, go on, kiss it :)

6:51 AM  
Blogger Ginnie said...

Well, the consensus seems to be to "kiss the frog"...but I'm here to tell you that it's not all that easy. I explained it all to Froggy but he shied away whenever I got that close and I finally gave up!
(I did notice a new gleam in his eyes, though..........hmmmmm.)

4:37 AM  
Blogger Melly` said...

Oh I must get you a photo of how we feed the green tree frogs! It amuses me for hours... I wouldnt kiss a green tree frog because I would be scared my lips could have something that could harm them.

But I would think happily blowing kisses would be fine?

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let us know what happens when you kiss him.

I recently photographed a look a like cousin living in my yard in a hole.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Maya's Granny said...

Be careful that you don't kiss him and turn into a frog princess. The princess part is fine and dandy, but do you like flies?

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home