Saturday, July 04, 2020

His EGO tears down our country


On June 21st my Blogger friend AC in Canada posted this:




I'm sorry to say that it has just gone from bad to much worse since that time and I find it completely unbelievable. Now, thanks to the incredibly destructive actions of Trump, we are watching the racist and self-centered base of our population being courted by him and, sadly, they are responding. He has chosen this political course instead of concentrating on how to handle the pandemic that has overtaken our country. He has actually called it a “hoax” and shows no concern for it, or us, while we prove daily that it's a reality. 

I never, for the past 87 years and in my wildest dreams, envisioned the United States being taken to this low point. I, literally, have no words to express my sorrow and sense of shame that this has come to be. I pray that those of us who truly love our country will rise to the challenge and lead us forward to a place where we've never been … where “all men are created equal” will finally become a reality and not just empty words.




6 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

He is not a leader is as kind a description as I can manage.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Amen.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

The nightmare staring Trump grows everyday. What a sick puppy he is.

6:17 AM  
Blogger Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

my friend Jan wrote this ... I can't agree more.

Well, he has finally run into something that doesn't care about what he does, says, or tweets... the virus will do as it does. He can't take it to court, refuse to pay it, fire it, declare bankruptcy to make it go away... His moral bankruptcy does not affect the virus - it just affects the rest of us. None of his usual means of controlling things will work here - so, he must turn to distraction. Lets see, what can I do to get their attention away from this failure? Well, there is always the Race card... my deplorables love it when I make them think if they vote for me I can make America White again... Guess he needs to change his MAGAt hat, tho I was told by one of his minions that that was what the "white USA" hat stood for. Guess that was too subtle for me.

Like you, Ginnie, I was raised in the time when we believed America WAS the greatest and we were all as close to perfect as any country could get. How naïve we were and blind to so many things even then - but as long as the bad stuff did not affect US - we were happy. What a shock it was when we found out we weren't quite so perfect... VietNam, the Civil Rights movement... and our eyes were opened. But still, we never thought anything like this could happen in our country. We can no longer pretend to be perfect. Our sins have caught up with us.


2:33 PM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

Exactly Embarrassingly Horrible we the laughingstock of the the world...:(

3:16 PM  
Blogger Linda P. said...

I'm catching up with blogs I love, and yours is one. I feel the same grief and sense of disbelief.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home