Tuesday, August 28, 2018

...the end of an era.



Since the election of Donald Trump I have been keeping up an email contact with the two Republican Senators from my home state of North Carolina .  I've praised them when I felt they deserved it and more often have given them my opinion if I felt they were misrepresenting us.  I have decided to end this fruitless task and this is the last letter I wrote to them:

"Senators Burr and Tillis: The death of John McCain is not just the loss of a man of character … it is the end of an era. He was the ONE elected official in your gutless Republican party who would stand up to the ego-driven Donald Trump. Even his “close friend” Senator Lindsey Graham has become golfing buddies and a stalwart ally of the president. I have watched you both and you are no better. 

Your lack of concern for the future of our country is nothing short of mind boggling. For the past 16 months I have sent you over 40 emails and, occasionally, I have received a pre-printed response that has not even answered my concern. I am 85 years old and have lived through Nixon and the McCarthy hearings as well as countless other disgraces but I have never seen our country fall to the level that we are in now. 
Trump is wallowing in the swamp of his making and taking us down with him. Our country has become a reflection of him and is a disgrace that your lack of action has allowed to happen. I will not waste any more of my time writing to either of you. Instead I will do everything in my power to see that every spot that is up for re-election in November will be filled with a Democrat."

...and you can be assured that I will keep an eye on them too !









8 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

Well said!

4:34 PM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

AMEN, blogger buddy. I think the defeat of Sanford in SC after Trump endorsed his primary opponent has turned Graham into a mouse when it comes to Trump. What a shame.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

You’re right. The party has allowed Trump to happen. It boggles the mind.

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent! I feel precisely the same. When I think it can't get any worse - it does. Thank you for your courage.

6:56 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

We did lose a spine in Washington when we lost John McCain. You said it so well and we can only hope they listen--but it is doubtful.

7:25 AM  
Blogger possum said...

Bravo!!!! Bravo!!!! BRAVO!!!!!!!!

It is sad that it has come to this. Well said, Ginnie.
And shame on those who voted for and especially still defend the Rump.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Linda P. said...

I concur. I decided a few months ago that it was useless to continue to throw my energy and concern toward my Republican senators, Cruz and Cornyn, or my Republican congressman, Michael McCaul. I used to call their offices two or three times a week to register my comments. I'm instead expending my energy on working toward something, supporting in what little way I can those who would challenge these people.

5:17 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It would be great if something good happened soon, but it seems the U.S. keep spiraling down and that's why I avoid the political news most days. The best way to make America great (again) is to get rid of we ALL know-who.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home