Friday, July 08, 2016

So incredibly sad ... the Dallas killings


I just sent this email to my children:...

What an incredibly sad night but one that didn’t  surprise me at all.  The hatred that has been brewing had to erupt into violence at some point and this is the start.  I dread to think of where it will go until it is over but, in all  honesty, I can’t blame the blacks for fighting back.  Minnesota’s governor had the guts to say that the recent killing in his state probably wouldn’t have happened if the man had been white! 
 We MUST learn to live with each other … no matter skin color or ethnicity.  Will our country ever learn that greed, fear and hatred are nothing to be proud of ?  It’s time to grow up … before we lose it all.    So sad.   Mom

Addendum:  my daughter seemed to feel I condoned the shootings with what I wrote.  I certainly do not but I feel that, given the feelings of hatred that are simmering just barely under the surface, this was bound to happen.



7 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

So sad, Ginnie. There is nothing I can say except I am sorry for all the blood shed on either side.

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes its sad, but I harken back to the Gandhi saying, "An eye for an eye and soon the world will be blind."

No excuse for killing five cops, none whatsoever. Besides, it distracted attention from the MN killing where no one, no even the governor knows what happened.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

My heart is quite heavy today as we continue down this violent path.

2:46 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

I agree with you, of course, and I am very sad today (and have been for a while.)

6:43 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Yes, sad is the right word.

4:50 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I disagree with what your children said, Ginnie. The world has become a much sadder place in recent weeks.

12:39 PM  
Blogger possum said...

I understand what you meant... add to the mix the NRA and the people pushing for everyone to have guns. Truth is, none of us are safe, no matter what color, but, especially blacks. I am so scared for my nephew. I don't even want him to visit me in VA. But it seems the north is not much better anymore.

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home