Saturday, December 15, 2018

“ You're invited … and please bring a side dish”.


Well, it's that time of the year … but don't worry … I have two sure winners for you !

The first one is a Spoon Bread Corn Casserole (reminiscent of the sort of Christmas food that Grandma would have served) and it never fails to get rave reviews. It's also very easy to make, is inexpensive and starts with this secret ingredient:
Yup, 1 package of the little Jiffy corn muffin mix starts it all. You just add !/2 cup of melted butter, I 8 oz. Can of whole kernel corn (drained), I 8 oz. Can of cream style corn, I cup of sour cream and 2 eggs. Mix it all together and pour into a greased baking dish. Bake at 375 for 1 hour and serve warm.

Number 2 is also a winner. Just a bunch of plump Santas that are as delicious as they are easy to make and they always brings smiles to the crowd around the festive Christmas table. Ripe strawberries and cool whip are the only ingredients ..

ENJOY
*********************************************************************************
PS: I don't like that only Google members can post on my blog. If you want to leave a comment feel free to email it to me at snowflakesnew@gmail.com  & I will post

7 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

They are great additions to the season’s feasting!

6:08 PM  
Blogger possum said...

Pass the strawberries!

I have learned from a number of "events" here that for some folks, you must include to bring the side (or covered here) dish with food in it. The young men would show up with empty covered containers to take food home in!!!!! So now we add to be sure they bring food IN the covered dish.

5:42 AM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

I've seen both of them frequently. They are almost as common as the cheese balls made with Bisquick.

5:27 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

new to me, but enjoy your outings.

6:12 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Never read about either of these, Ginnie. The Santa berries looked festive for the season. The problem is finding good berries now.😕

7:19 PM  
Blogger Goldendaze-Ginnie said...


From Big John in England:


"Spoon Bread Corn Casserole".. ! .. Sound like something served in the County Jail, and certainly nothing that my Grandma ever served. She was more of a 'Spotted Dick' and custard old girl.

Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year from John in 'Brexit Land'.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Joared said...

Oh, I missed the party!

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home